11 July 2011

My Garden Grows - Part 2


Since the garden is doing so well, I thought I'd post some new photos of its progress. I'm happy with all of it except that the garlic and onions seem to be having a poor year. I've tried fertilizing and keeping up with watering, but they seem to have stopped growing. I'll wait and see! Otherwise everything looks beautiful and we found our first baby sugar-snap pea yesterday! 

 
The sugar-snap peas taking advantage of the trellis. I love these sweet curly tendrils!





The red beets and carrots are coming right along. I've been thinning them a little at a time so we can eat the tender greens in salads and stir-fries.



I'm especially happy with these tomatillo plants we got from Stoney Plains Organic Farm at the Wallingford Farmers Market. We've only had them a few weeks and they've shot up to over 2 feet tall with tons of blossoms!



These sweet mizuna blossoms are great in salads!



Marigolds are helping deter nematodes and flying insects while they attract slugs and snails away from the other plants.


I love that our garden is attracting so many pollinators.








And on that beautiful note, adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment